BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Gram's St. Patrick's Day Bash

Yesterday was St. Patrick's day. We went over to G&P's house for a party. It was awsome! When we got there we saw hats, headbands, a necklace and a crown on the table. There was also some daffodils, my favorite kind of flower!:) The hats and stuff were to put on so we looked even more green. I alredy had on a green shirt, green pants, green hairties (I had braids), green shoes, green ring, green braclet, and a green necklace. Maverick had on his dinosaur shirt(the dinos were green), and green pants. Kannon had on his green truck shirt and some overalls that had green on them. Faith was the only one who diden't have green on. After we put on the hats we ate dinner. We had Baked Lays and some really yummy sandwhiches. I don't know what was in them. After dinner we had our after-dinner mints, and then we played our first game of the night. It was called Coin Toss. You had to toss gold coins into a black bucket. After you ran out of coins you counted how many you got in the bucket, and that was the number of prizes you got. Faith went first and I went last. After we played Coin Toss we played Shamrock Relay. What you had to do was this: each team had two big shamrocks, and when you played you had to put down a shamrock, and then you put down the other shamrock and stepped on it, then you reached behind and you took the first shamrock and put it in front, and so on and so on till you reached the table, then the other teamate took over and went back. My team won every time, and Kannon, Faith, and Maverick were all on my team in that order. They all helped me secure the Shamrock Relay victory. After we did that we played Hot Potato with a real potato! We did it to Irish music. At first we did it normal, but then we did it like this: when you got the potato you took it in both hands and raised it up in the air and then put it back down and gave it to the next person. Then we played Dance Around. We used the same shamrocks we used in Shamrock Relay. Gram wrote the numbers 1,2,3,and4 on the shhamrocks. She put them around the island. Pappy played Irish music, and you had to dance or walk or jump or whatever, and when the music stopped, you had to go to the nearest shamrock. Then Gram would take a number from the pill bottle and whichever number she called out, the person who was stanting on the shamrock with the matching number on it got an extra prize! It was alot of fun. Then we made our dessert. Gram put pudding mix, half and half, and green food coloring in some containers, then Pappy played more Irish music. We shook up the pudding to the music. I said "Shake it up high! Shake it down low! Wherever you go! Then I said,"Shake it side to side! Shake it up and down! Shake it diagnally!" When the pudding was all shaken up, we sat down at the table and ate it. Gram put St. Patrick's Day sprinkles on the pudding. It was so good, I ate the pudding off of the lid! Next, we had a scavenger hunt. While we ate our pudding, Pappy hid the gold coins that we had used for Coin Toss. He also hid some rectangle ones. Gram told us that if you found those, you got to get an extra prize! I said,"If we find 5 special coins, how many prizes do we get? Gram said, "5!" I said, "So if we find 20 special coins, we will get 20 extra prizes?" Gram said, "That's right." So we started the scavenger hunt. Gram had told us before we started that any coin you found under your wast you leave for the little ones. I found lots, but I left some for Maverick to find. I found 6 special coins, Maverick found 5, and Kannon and Faith both found 2. After we were done we got our extra prizes. Then we played Coin Toss again. I got 9 in the bucket, and Maverick got 13! After we played Coin Toss we played Hot Potato again. Then we played Dance Around again, and then we played Memory Match, St. Patrick's Day style! The cards had different colored shamrocks on them, and there was a special rainbow pair, and if you matched those, you got an extra prize. I won both times, and the first time Kannon got the rainbow, and the second time Maverick got the rainbow. After we were done playing Memory Match, it was time to go home I told Gram that her St. Patrick's Day party was the best one we had ever been to, out of the none we've been to! It was an awsome party. To Gram: I think you did even better than perfect at the party! I loved it! I hope everybody had a great St. Patrick's Day!

2 comments:

GramCrackers said...

I'm glad you had a lot of fun! My favorite part was dancing around the island making dessert! If you haven't already seen them, ask Mommy or Daddy to show you the pictures and video I posted on Facebook. I sure do love all of you munchkins!!!

Teya said...

I did see the video and pictures. I think that this post is the longest I've ever written!