BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, March 21, 2009

King Tut Exhibit

The day before yesterday I went to the King Tut exhibit with Margaret and her parents. It was awesome! We got audio tour thingies from a man when we were in line to get into the exhibit. It was really long! Thank goodness it moved faster than you might think! The sad thing was that they didn't allow pictures in the exhibit. But I still took lots of pictures! Just not in the exhibit. Speaking of the exhibit, there was in it a statue of a pharaoh and his mother. They their arms behind each others backs. It was really pretty. On the sides of the front and on the back were hieroglyphics. The ones on the back were prayers, I think. The other ones, I don't know what the other ones were for. The guy that did the audio tour had some kind of accent (I think it was Egyptian) and I couldn't understand some of what he was saying. In the exhibit, there was LOTS of stuff. Miss Margo (Margaret's mom) said we spent 2 AND A HALF HOURS in there! It was well worth it! In addition to the pharaoh and mom statue, there was a statue of someones head. It looked really weird because it had an elongated skull. There was also a really pretty scarab beetle. There was some screens that showed you things that they could not show you with displays. One showed you that the glass that the scarab beetle was made out of was only found in the Sharah Desart. The screen said that it was not made by man. Unfourtunetoy they didn't belive in God and the screen was saying things about 30 million years ago. Honestly, there wasen't even a 30 thousand years ago! But the scarab beetle was still really pretty. There was also a real coffin! All of the stuff was real! The coffin was really pretty. It had a tiny dot on it that when I first saw it, I thought that someone had put ink on it. But then I relized that it was a jewel. There was also a mummy mask. It was pretty, too. There were also 2 chairs. But they wern't regular chairs. They were beutiful chairs. One of them had a wickerwork seat and on the part were you rest your back was a picture of the princess who owned the chair. She was sitting both ways, with a sevent giving her a big necklace called a coller. After we left the exhibit we went to dinner. We walked to a place called the Spaggeti Warehouse. I took lots of pictures on the way. I even took a picture of a real ambulence! For dinner I had cheese sticks. So did Margaret. At the museum's souvenier shop I bought a book and a pencil. I had lots of fun with Margart!

3 comments:

GramCrackers said...

That sounds like an interesting exhibit. I'm glad you were invited to go along with Margaret's family. Don't forget to show me your pictures....or post them on your blog!

Teya said...

I don't know how to

Margaret'sMom said...

Teya, I'm happy that you were able to go with us. Your interest and enthusiasm for the artifacts made it all more interesting. Margaret is still sad that she lost her pencil. I'm trying to find someone who is going to the exhibit who can pick up another one for her.

You are a delightful girl and I'm glad you are Margaret's friend.

Miss Margo