BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Fire House Open House Thingy

Last Saturday we went to a fire house open house thingy. It was tons of fun! In the morning I woke up and Pappy was there! And what's more, he brought donuts! They were good. After breakfast we went over to Gram and Pappy's house. After we played for a few minutes, it was time to go! We didn't know were we were going, and I wanted to see when we got there. It was really cold out. I should have brought my camera and my sweater! First we climbed on a ladder truck. The ladder was up all the way, and it was super duper tall! I kept saying, "Don't make me climb up there!" We did climb on the back of the truck, though. It was a lot higher than it looked! I kept pressing myself against the railings that were behind me. After that we climbed in it. I didn't climb in the front, though. But that's alright! One of the firefighters that were there said, "We have to close the doors." We didn't know why. Then we went closer to a big group of people. Then another firefighter said, "They're coming in, you need to stand back." We wondered what he meant, but then we figured out that a helicopter was going to land! When it came in, we yelled, "There it is!" Then it circled around. When it landed, it was like a tornado! We had to hold onto the fire hats we got, or they would have blown off! After that we saw a demonstration of what firefighters do if there was a wreak and someone was trapped inside. It was cool.Then we did something were there was this minuture house, and behind it there was a cart with some liquid on fire. We used a real fire hose to put it out! Even Faith did it! After that we got some lunch. It was hot dogs and soda. They were good. After that we saw the helicopter take off. It was like a tornado again! Then we got our stuff. While we were waiting in line, we saw a search dog. It was a golden retriever. It looked like a really nice dog! We got a lot of really cool stuff. After that, we saw a demonstration of a fire hose being used. The person said that it could spay out 1,000 gallons a minute! Then we went in a house were a firefighter told us stuff. And he picked ME to demonstrate what you do if the smoke alarms go off. Some pretend smoke came in and I went down on the ground. Faith just stayed where she was. :) Then I felt a door, and it was actually hot! There wasn't any fire behind it, though. After that we got a picture with a clown and then we went home. It was really fun! :)

3 comments:

GramCrackers said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the open house. I really didn't expect it to be as great a production as it was. I hope we can go again next year!

GramCrackers said...

Oh! I will post pictures on Facebook soon. We were so busy getting ready to go to PA, I didn't have time.

Teya said...

I can't wait to see the pictures. I hope we can go again next year too!